Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Truth Made Known

There's so much that I thought was dead and gone. Issues and hurts that I thought would never come to surface again because they were through but I thought wrong. Sure it's in the past but the lessons that I learned then have brought to light new ones to be learned. God is reveling so much to me these days which is a very good thing because now I can deal with stuff in the light of better days rather then the gloom of those past. Lesson 1 being learned: Not everyone is the same! What am I learning from that? While those that cut me apart in the past, the old friends that I had, they are not my new friends. The people I surround myself with now are people that love me and won't try to cut me up and use me for their own personal gain and interest! Lesson 2: My boyfriend now is none of those guys I've dated before. To them I was nothing more then a toy to be played with until they broke me. They said "I love you" and never really meant it, they cared more about what they could get from me rather then for me. Ben is different, he does love me and I'm more then a thing to him. For the first time in my life there is a Godly man that I can trust with my heart and my dreams! I thank God for him everyday and for those in my life now! Lesson 3: Not all churches are equal, a sad lesson, but one greatly needed to be learned! I am the church, not just a person to fill a seat. I have God given gifts and talents that are needed by others. What part of the church I am, leg, mouth, ear, I have yet to learn but there is a place for me there. I am also just as much a mission field as a mission worker!
As I'm going through my days these truths are being made known to me and I am so grateful for them. I still have a little ways to go before the old and wrong ideas that were so ingrained into my very being due to past hurts are gone but with each passing day the scares are being healed and I owe it all to God and those He's placed in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment